- Do not use ZILXI if you are allergic to ZILXI or any tetracycline medicine. Stop using ZILXI right away and call your doctor if you get a rash or other allergic symptom.
- Before using ZILXI, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions and the medicines you take. Do not use ZILXI if you are pregnant, may become pregnant or are nursing. If you become pregnant while using ZILXI, talk to your doctor. Tetracycline medicine when taken by mouth during pregnancy, infancy and/or childhood up to the age of 8 years may permanently discolor teeth (yellow-gray-brown) and may slow the growth of bones.
- ZILXI is flammable. Avoid fire, flames, and smoking when applying and right after you apply ZILXI.
- Protect your skin from the sun while using ZILXI. Avoid sunlight or artificial sunlight such as sunlamps or tanning beds. Stop using ZILXI if you get a sunburn.
- When taken by mouth, minocycline may cause feelings of lightheadedness, dizziness or spinning. You should not drive or operate dangerous machinery if you have these symptoms.
ZILXI is a topical foam that contains minocycline, a tetracycline medicine. It is not taken by mouth. However, tetracyclines, when taken by mouth (capsules or tablets), may cause serious side effects, including: diarrhea, including watery or bloody stools; loss of appetite; tiredness; yellowing of your skin or eyes; bleeding more easily than normal; confusion; sleepiness; vision changes, including blurred vision, double vision, or permanent vision loss; unusual headaches; fever; rash; joint pain; body weakness; discoloration or darkening of your skin, scars, teeth, or gums. Call your doctor right away if these side effects occur.
The most common side effect of ZILXI is diarrhea.
These are not all of the possible side effects with ZILXI. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please see Patient Information.
ZILXITM (minocycline) topical foam, 1.5% is a prescription medicine used on the skin (topical) to treat adults with pimples and bumps caused by a condition called rosacea.
ZILXI should not be used for the treatment of infections. It is not known if ZILXI is safe and effective in children. ZILXI is for use on the skin only (topical use). ZILXI is not for use in your mouth, eyes or vagina.